is the kudos system working?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

is there an issue with the kudos system? the last couple of times I've pushed the good story button, nothing has happened to register my kudo.

Same Here

Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

When you push it and the button sticks

Hit the Home link at the top of the page, then reclick the story teaser to re enter the story and you will see the Kudo took and incremented by 1. The button does stick a lot. If it is something new, and the kudo never actually bumped up the number, please PM Erin. But as far as I am seeing, the kudo numbers do rise.

Sephrena

Odd thing

erin's picture

The action of the button and whether you see the kudos counted immediately is done by javascript running on the reader end. Usually, things are all working hunky-dory on the server end and your vote actually was counted. Occasionally, the sessions file is screwed up and the server does not think you have permissions to vote, but if that happens, other things will go wrong also.

Apparently, the sessions file is fine and I can't get kudos not to work here or even seem as if it isn't working. Not a lot else I can do.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

thank goodness...

All seemed to be working fine for me... The usual expected lag that particular system seems quite prone to, but nothing else... Still... The post worried me a little since I just got done doing a mini-blitz catching up with Fey and finally finishing Stolen Innocence. Both authors deserve every last kudo I can give em.

Abigail Drew.

I notced this my self

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

It appears not to work.
But if you scroll up to check the count,
and then refresh you will see it went up one.
You can't be sure that someone else did not click it in the meantime however.
At other times when I just click it again (because I think it did not take)
and it will the say "an error occurred"

The only time it seems not to work at all is
if the site went down temp while I was reading.