a "Declaration of war" on cis gendered people?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I want to provide this web link, while making it clear I don't agree with this person. I understand the anger, but I dont believe that violence would solve anything.

http://sindee.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/manifesto-or-an-open-...

Reaction

How would you feel when someone tells you to your face that you are going to Hell? How would you fee when you come home from a Transgender Day of Remembrance and are told that one of your virtual daughters was just murdered? Or your former roommate was murdered helping in the transgender community? Pain? Anger? Although I also disagree with the link's author those emotions sometimes make me feel the need to strike out. It is only human. So far reason has taken over and I am reminded of what Jesus said (or I am paraphrasing, I am not Christian so I am not sure), "Forgive them. for they know not what they do."

Well, I hate to disagree.

Well, I hate to disagree. They do know what they are doing. They are:

A. Keeping the world safe from the Godless unbelievers;

B. Stamping out some of those damned Queer Fagot girly boys;

C. Satisfying their urge to attack those who are weaker than they are;

D. and on and on.

The motivations are many, but the result is the same. They impose the rules of "normal" society, aided and defined by whatever religion might be around, on those who are or seek to be "different". They behave like all our other primate relatives.

Did you see the Utube showing the WalMart shoppers on Black Friday? Did you see the utube of the OSU "fans" storming the goal posts after the team won, trampling and badly injuring their fellows in their mob mentality?

Most people are stupid and "go with the flow" right through the sewer. If someone tells them to do something they know is wrong, they do it anyway because they are "just following orders" or the urgings of those they have sold their souls to in exchange for a sense of belonging, formal or not.

CaroL

CaroL

Who are 'they?'

Yes, there are violent people of all stripe. The neo-nazis claim to be Christians who are doing what they do because God wants white people to be supreme. The same goes for the KKK. The Islamic terrorists are doing it for Allah. Other hate groups use whatever religion or philosophy is available to support their claims. We all know about the Westburo Baptist church, of course.

Please don't group me and my Christian brothers and sisters with those who try to use God's word to justify their own sin and intolerance. We are not all like that. In fact, very few of us are like that.

If someone hates me because I am Caucasian, he is every bit as bad as the white people oppressing him. If the author of that manifesto hates me because I am cisgendered, she is every bit as bad as the gay/trans bashers. If she resorts to violence (other than self-defense, of course,) she is every bit as bad as those who made necessary the Day of Remembrance.

While a lot of us Christians have been fed chapter and verse about why homosexuality and cross-dressing are displeasing to God, most of us won't even go so far as to tell someone about it unless asked.

And by the way, I have heard very very few sermons about the evils of homosexuality and the like. I hear a lot more about how we are supposed to have integrity and accountability, how we are to love our neighbors and family, and how we are to be the light of the world.

You are correct and the

You are correct and the Phrase is from Luke 23:34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing."

Yes the feelings are strong, but the Actions are definitely questionable. Hatred does not fix Hatred, it is similar to adding Fuel to a fire. There is a better way but we cannot just sit and wait for a change to happen.

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

Now, THAT'S A Good Rant!

I enjoy a good rant now and again, and that was a good rant!

Yes, more power to the author, by all means. I can't disagree with the sentiment or the analysis. People continue along in their mindsets, uncritically, purely on momentum, if not seriously challenged. And, words, logic, reasoning don't reach everyone. A physical threat, or even a verbal threat of physical violence, and more people take notice. It's just how the human organism is wired.

I don't actually believe the writer is going to turn berserker and start flattening random people, but there's a value in channeling that anger, in owning it, in palpably feeling it from deep down in the core of your dignity. And, if that's what the writer needs, to impress people that her feelings need consideration, to hold her head up high, and to take no crap, then that's what the writer needs.

More power to her!

Gratitude

Thank you dear Pippa. Yes, that was an excellent rant. After typing it out (one take no rehearsals) I was exhausted and felt clean. SO good to get that off my budding chest. The best thing about a rant is it is very difficult to "church" up ones language or intentions. It is straight forward, harsh and even brutal. If you knew me you would understand how out of character that is for me. What about it that is NOT out of character is my anger and frustration at losing so many dear trans people, every year the list just gets longer and longer. I have found I am unable to accept it any longer, and I am striking out, I intend to follow many of what I put down immediately and have in fact started.

Thank you for your kind words. Shalom. (I have no chutzpah but am quite a mensch)

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter -MLK jr.

Sigh...

Violence won't solve anything - especially as there are plenty of "cis-gendered" people (those whose self-identity matches the gender they were assigned at birth) who are only supportive, friendly and advocates of those in the T* community (there's a decent selection who hang out here for starters!). Advocacy, T*s getting positive media spotlights (e.g. youngsters and those lucky enough to require minimal cosmetic [make-up] intervention to appear incognito to most passers-by) and plenty of time are what's required.

Nearly 50 years after the events of the 1960s, race isn't anywhere near as divisive as it was then but ethnic minorities still don't have complete universal public acceptance everywhere. Even in London, ethnic minorities are far more likely to be stopped and searched than people with a Caucasian appearance.

Bearing in mind that (as far as I know) there aren't any segments of religious text advocating discrimination on the grounds of race, it'll probably take longer for T* to get widespread acceptance given religious zealots can point to bits of text written several thousand years ago - well, bad translations of bad translations of the text, but even though translators know better keep to similar language to the original bad translations for the sake of consistency. All that before you even look at how much of what was written was probably metaphor (conceived to deliberately link into prior scripture) and not necessarily originally intended to be taken literally.

In the UK at least, the number of people who claim religious affiliation of one form or another is apparently declining alongside church attendance (one reason why many cathedrals aggressively encourage you to donate money before you enter - their dwindling congregation isn't sufficient to pay for upkeep of the buildings - particularly fixing "repairs" by the Victorian equivalent of cowboy builders; and why many villages only have a service once a month as the priest covers multiple parishes); and the recent Equality Act (which includes penalties) covers a multitude of discrimination including against race, faith, sexuality and gender identity. It also seems to be one of the few bits of legislation the coalition aren't willing to tear up in the name of improving competitiveness and reducing central control / prescription.

Find me on Google+ | Examine EAFOAB Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Oh dear,

Angharad's picture

I don't think incitement, threats or crudity help the argument. It's also ironic that someone who presumably claims to be female is threatening to beat someone up - not a good role model. Also who are these masses she claims to be urging to rise up? Transsexuals are as numerous as hen's teeth compared to most minorities, she might as well ask one legged footballers.

I hope she felt better for all that, they say a good crap makes you feel better.

Angharad

Angharad

Role models and the people who watch them.

Angharad. I do not feel better, and trust me, that post has received a LOT of views, and has made the rounds. I am not alone in my feelings. I am a militant feminist, an advocate for abused women and ending domestic violence as well as a proud member of SWOP (Sex Workers Outreach Program) please try walking a mile in my white stag flats before you judge me so harshly and dismissively. You may find, under all of the ranting and "crap" as you put it, I am in deed a human being. My bio is in my blog that you read - yes, I'm a female (says so in Social security, licensing and my birth certificate, I dont need your validation) and quite proud of the fact I am a warrior. A strong woman is always dismissed by those who fear her.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter -MLK jr.

:-(

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

I read that and was left with the overriding feeling of wanting to give her a hug.

I hope by getting it out there she feels calmer now because it sounds like she's had a rough time of things. Was it really a declaration of war on the cis gendered (a term I actually loathe more than the trans* term to be honest)? In many ways it was more of a polemic against her treatment at the hands of members of the LGB(no T) community. I would like to think that it was just one of those times when you need to have a good rant and release all that poisonous tension rather than incitement to anything. I think we're all entitled to one of those periodically. And I still want someone to give her that hug.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

MLK & Malcom X

I found it interesting that she starts off discussing Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcom X, and ends with a call for violence and murder. She apparently didn't learn anything from those two people.

MLK and X

Actually I learned a lot. I saw MLKs group brutalized by the police while they were being peaceful, I saw the Black Panthers scare the police out of their neighborhoods. And the later Malcolm X was peaceful, killed because he accepted a rainbow of skin colors rather than promote purely pro-black agenda unlike such people as Elijah Muhammad and Calypso Louie, I mean Farrakhan. Sitting there in league with Panthers I learned a lot.

And to answer the burning question. I am Caucasian and Native American. :)

I did not seee a name given, and can understand why not

As a long time member of a Berkeley trans support group, I believe I know the writer. She fits the description given, and I've heard her say everything other than the taking it to lawlessness if needed.

She has had it bad, because of where she has had to live AND what her own family has done to her, and is very bitter, as are many in the community. she also writes in a number of venues.

Holly

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Holly

Kynthia Alice, not giving my

Kynthia Alice, not giving my last name because it is that unique. I live in Las Vegas NV USA

I do agree

We do need to stick up for ourselves and the rest of our community. more and more i see hear find out..or even have it on me getting harmed by others, physically emotionally psychologically etc. and so few of us defend or even strike back. course, i know im cautious about winding up ina prison remaining defenseless or whatever torture the court decides to allow.

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Violence

I am "Sindee" my true name is Kynthia - the writer of the post "a declaration of war". And I did not say CIS for a very specific reason, because I include non trans, please note the difference.

I am ordinarily a very sweet and peaceful person, but every year I see more and more trans people (predominantly women) murdered for being transgender. I was a soldier for 7 yrs, it was my job to protect the united states from enemies. Well, I no longer serve the US, They dont want my kind and truth be told I am a little long in the tooth.

Point is I wanted to issue a call to arms. Do I advocate killing people ? In self defense, sure, but randomly ? No. I also see that peaceful means work rather well, as long as both sides wish to pursue peacefully, but in this case the other side is not interested in peaceful methods because they aren't even prosecuted for killing us unless some newspaper really makes a huge stink about it or the action is caught on video tape.

I am a trans woman, to my way of thinking a woman with a birth defect. No big shakes. But the issue at hand is many people cannot even accept my being human, because, as you know, it is wrong to beat rob rape and murder human beings,. But trannys ? Eh, they are all asking for it and its what they choose. Right ? Exactly.