Looking for help

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

After several years of reading on the site, I decided to join and try my hand at a story. I didn't want to start posting it until it was completely finished as I have been disappointed in the past by following several parts of a story only to have it disappear. So I kept prodding along and suddenly I had an 80,000+ word novel on my hands.

Now I'd like to post it, but I need help doing so. I've read some of the FAQs and How to Post a Story, and all the programs to help, but I'm more confused than when I started. I also notice several authors talk about editors and beta readers, which I'm sure would help. So could any of you good members out there help me get "Sea Gal" up and running?

Thank you in advance.

Susan

(Suzij2004 at gmail.com)

I'll be happy....

Hi Susan,

I'll be happy to give your story a look over. I'll drop you an email if you want to send it to me.

Hugs
Sammi

P.S. I edited your email addy for you otherwise you'll get buried under spam.

Some ideas...

Some ideas...

If you have any friend here - they're a good first place to start when it comes to beta-readers... Always remember it's YOUR story, not theirs.

If you particularly like some author's stories, you can ask them to be an editor for you - they can read your story and help you get it read for posting...

When it comes time to post, there are many who can help you get the first bit posted. Once you've done it once, the next time won't be so fearful.

Good luck,
Anne (who's RL issues are keeping her from writing enough)

Completed Story

Kudos to you Susan!

I applaud your discretion and your reasons for waiting until you finished to post your story!

Wholeman
Yes, the weird author with the boob fetish.

Yes, the weird author with the boob fetish.

Thanks to All!

Suzij

My thanks to everyone who responded to my request. I am now working with someone on editing my novel and hope to start posting it very soon.

Suzij