I Watched the Renee Richards Biomovie on ESPN

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

When I started this, there wasn't a blog on this subject. I just thought I'd start it out.

I was lucky. It was announced to be on at 8PM EDST; I thought: well, 7 central, 6 mountain with daylight saving, 5 pacific with daylight saving and 5 mountain standard time (we never have daylight saving, we want spare time in the early morning, after work it's way too hot). OTOH, we often get 8 eastern shows at 7. I checked ESPN at 4:45 and found the movie was on at 5.

I didn't know she had scheduled surgery in 1970 then backed out. The surgeon in Casablanca must have been the one that Jan Morris (mountain climber, war corespondent, autobiographer) saw. Hearing about her breast reduction surgery was painful, it always sounds horrible to me.

I felt sad at the end of the movie. It was like a Greek tragedy, the protagonist was doomed by hubris. She would have had a much better life if she never have gotten into organized tennis again, but she was who she was. I guess what happened was bound to happen.

I was sad about her son. I won't comment further on him. I'm just glad (and have been since she was born) that my bio-child was/is a girl.

I Have No Idea...

What this: >> Lack of a father as a cause for TG? << link is doing here! I have nothing to do with it.

It also sounds really dumb! There is a biological reason for being TS, like having brain sex opposite genital sex, so probably also for other forms of TG. This question sounds like a 1950s psychoanalytic guess at a cause for the existence of TG/TS people.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Renee

Lack of being a boy....

Andrea Lena's picture

...cause for being a girl? Big Light slated to appear in sky in East! And Ursus Americanus indeed does excrete in wooded areas. Jeez! We are who who are! Hugs, Nee Nee!

Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

That's just because it's the next newest...

It's the second newest thread in this particular section of the forums is all. But I agree, that idea is a dumb one. I do think the thread was rather against the theory as well, IIRC, but it's been a while. For some reason people don't seem to use the forums as much as they just blog.

Abigail Drew.

I Guess I Screwed This Up

I shouldn't have put in my first comment. Yeah, Slice, now I get it.

Problem is: We should or could be commenting on the Renee Richards movie, her life, etc.

Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Renee

I saw this film

Angharad's picture

years ago and thought Vanessa Redgrave acted out of her skin.

Angharad

Angharad

Dear Angie,

If you haven't, you should look at Stanman's links. This movie is a documentary, not the movie with Vanessa R.

Renee

Renee

If you have not seen it, is still available

on I Tunes and at Amazon, at least that is what the credits at the end of the presentation stated. Due to the shift I have at work and playoffs, I have taped it to watch this weekend so I have no comment on the content.

As for the unusual linking, this occurred because your topic was created as a forum note within the out of the closet forum, not a blog entry. As such it followed the prior one in time and at this time it is also the newest within this forum.