Seeking editor

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Judging from some of the comments on my previous story I feel that it might be expedient to have someone look over my second story and get a little input. Mostly I'm looking for grammatical help, but it would probably help to have someone look at the story and plot as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

D.A.W.

Seeking editor

I have helped with grammar.

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Why not start by

Why not start by asking one or another of the authors (on the site) who's writing you like. (There's probably a reason you like them!) MANY will be too busy and/or not feel qualified to edit for someone else (Don't be offended if they say no!). Some may not have time but can recommend someone that's helped them. And, a few might even be willing to give editing a try for you.

Whatever route - a volunteer here or your asking. I recommend you send anyone you'd like to edit for you a few pages of your work - for a "test" edit - to see what kind of an editor they are. There are almost as many styles of editing as there are editors. You want one you can work with!

Best of luck,
Anne

thank you

Daniela Wolfe's picture

@stanman Thank you for the offer, but I've already found someone willing to help who contacted me via PM.

@Annette Thank you for the suggestion, but I've had several offers via PM and I don't think I'll be needed to find anyone.

DAW2.png

Have delightfully devious day,