looking for a story yet again

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Once again I'm at a loss. I'm looking for a story where the protagonist is a police or detective, had already undergone transition. At one point she visits her Italian uncle suspected of being in the mafia or being some crime lord. Said uncle rankles her by repeatedly calling her using her previous Italian male name. Her many sisters seem to accept her during this family reunion. Also at one point she meets and talks with her ex-partner in the police. Forgot what the conflict of the story was. Thanks in advance :p

Niaw

I believe ....

.... you may be looking for "Annoying Facts By Nancy Cole", If you are I'm afraid Nancy has unpublished it at this time.

Sammi

The Most Annoying Fact?

That I forgot to save it before it went away. I thought it was a great story; very believable and centered on the character as a person with conflicts like anyone else, rather than a "TG Detective" story. One of her best, from where I sit. Anne

I liked it, too

The story focused on the fact that she was a police detective investigating a case who happened to be TG as opposed to someone who was TG and just happened to be a police detective. *grin* I like that she wasn't defined by it, as much as it was just a part of her life that caused some conflict but didn't stop her from being who she was and doing her job.

I'm sorry you unpublished it, Nancy. It was a gem. *hugs*

Randa

I'll add my appreciation as well.

Nancy's detective story rang true, and I was disappointed to see it disappear. Maybe it will see the light of another day?

Happy to know you. Belle

Sounds Like

One of Drea or Andrea DiMaggio's stories could fit that description, but I'm not sure and can't say which one.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee