TG Anime Hourou Musuko

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Found this on Anime Season at http://www.animeseason.com/hourou-musuko/.

A lovely story about a male and a female TG students. Only eight episodes so far but worth watching.

Winnie

TG Anime Hourou Musuko

Sounds like a story for the Big Closet.

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Manga

...I actually wrote "Mange", but corrected it in time... :)

If you look at the list of chapters in your link above, it's more than the first two chapters missing.

It jumps from Vol 01 Ch 003 straight to Vol 05 Ch 034.

Now, given that the chapter numbers just run straight up we're missing more than the first two.

Dash and Blow, I tell you! Looked quite promising.

Penny

Damn

Enemyoffun's picture

There might be other sites it could be on. I'll have to look :)

New Site :)

Enemyoffun's picture

Here's a new site for the manga. As far as I can tell, every single chapter of it is posted here :)

Hourou-Musuko

Reading anime

I know from personal experience that reading any kind of manga/watching anime takes up (i) a heck of a lot of one's time and (ii) a significant amount of bandwidth. It's the second of these which might be a potential problem right now.

It seems to me that just at the moment it wouldn't be such a brilliant move to hammer sites which are probably based in Japan, no?

I'm not saying leave off, just that perhaps one ought to take it easy. The poor Japanese have enough problems at the moment without merciless gaijin sucking up all their bandwidth.

Penny

I don't know what it is

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot for the life of me follow an anime or manga. I don't know if it's the translation to English, or what, but the dialogue skips around like a kid with A.D.D. telling a story while he's hopped up on sugar. I'm fairly young too (26 now) which is kinda sad. Even at the end of them I don't know what is going on or what happened to begin with.

I tried to watch the first part of this one, and had a hard time telling who was who or what gender they were. I mean it's a neat concept, but they should have done a better job clarifying which character was doing what. The end completely whooshed over my head, and I couldn't even tell which character it was that changed in the bathroom. It totally lost me with the back and forth.

But neat find. Hope others enjoy it.

~Taylor Ryan
My muse suffers from insomnia, and it keeps me up at night.

Reading manga

It can sometimes be tricky reading manga, I know.

There are a couple of conventions you need to remember, the first of which is of course that Japanese is read right to left. That means that if you have two pictures side by side you read the right one first, and then read the left one.

Very occasionally you will get a column which you have to read top to bottom, this is usually the rightmost part of the page and should be read first before you go back up top and read the rest of the page right to left. After a while reading manga like this will become second nature, trust me. I have occasionally seen the odd one where they have flipped the page when scanning and done it left-to-right, it wasn't easy to read at all.

The other convention is that, in order to figure out who is who, each character will have a fixed distinguishing feature. This is usually the hair style but may be other body features or accessories such as spectacles. Sometimes it can be quite tricky working out who is who especially in a situation like school where everyone is ostensibly dressed identically. Again, after a while you soon get to understand the conventions used in that particular manga.

Penny