We are now 3/4s the way through the year.

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Here I am in Wyoming and it is October and I am looking and 45 is just around the corner. I am not complaining I am living a good life in probably one of the most beautiful parts of the country. I live about 50-60 miles east of Yellowstone National Park.
I am a new member here and probably will write a story or 2 here and won't know how long the stories will be.
I would love to hear what you think as you see this year ends and what your hopes,fears or what ever emotions you might have for the coming year.

My POV

Hopes: Earn more money than I spend each month (!), especially as there are rumours utility bills may rise again, despite wholesale prices dropping (apparently the energy companies' overheads are greater - and of course they include the senior management bonuses in that definition...)

Oh, and discover / start reading more authors on this site. And have enough spare cash to put some in a headwear storage container, so to speak :)

Fears: Not saving up enough to either (a) get a new car, or (b) carry out necessary repairs on my existing one before the annual round of MOT/Service/Repairs/Insurance/VED come up in February. It's been a good little runner, but it's nearly 8 years old and has started developing rattles underneath - and on the last MOT I was warned that all four coil springs were corroded (mechanic helpfully said "I've seen ones in worse condition than yours that have been perfectly fine, but others that were in better condition that spontaneously failed.") So it's probably worth less than £500 - yet if it was two years older I'd be able to cash in £2,000 courtesy of the government's scrappage scheme.

Getting so addicted to reading stories on BCTS & Crystal Hall that I neglect house/garden work. Oops - I think I already am :)

--Ben

This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

End of the year Hmmmm

I would like to see our government to a bailout utilizing the citizens, that is give each citizen age 21 and over about two million dollars, tax it, then tell them to pay off their homes, cars and debts. what ever money is left should be donated to charity.
What would be accomplished is: the banks would not have to default, the auto companies would not have to default, the home builders wold not default, there would be no debt.
But that isnot going to happen, so I personally would like to have a windfall of about 30,000 dollars so I can not have to take out a loan for GRS.
BTW I know where you live, well sort of I spent my last two years of High school in Billings, Montana. I'm a native born Minnesnowdan, but reside in Delaware.

Jill Micayla
May you have a wonderful today and a better tomorrow

Jill Micayla
Be kinder than necessary,Because everyone you meet
Is fighting some kind of battle.