Bailey is not the only one to give Link a sex change...

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Story about how a man hacked Zelda so that his daughter could have a game with a heroic girl.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/11/i-am-no-man-for-zelda-...

Wow

What a dad, makes my eyes misty. But probably up sets Netendo He He He HE he he he My kids noticed that there is a great lacking of female characters. Hopefully the CEO will understand this plight and be positive about it then solves the problem. Good Pr goood for Profits Good for our kids. Win Win Win

Misha Nova

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

I liked the one comment after

I liked the one comment after the article about runaway anti-male bias, where the writer proclaimed she would go back and redo Star Wars Luke Skywalker as a girl.

Guess she didn't realize that George Lucas, way back in one early draft of the original Star Wars storyline, did conceive his callow youth as a young woman. Oh, and C3PO and R2D2 were a couple senators - not droids. Was this anti-android?

That being said, kudos to the dad, but let the gal gamers roar abit more about their preferences. Girl power, in this case, equals green backs and that's when the changes will come.

Wayzim

trivia about C3PO and R2D2

rebecca.a's picture

Senators they may have been, but the original genesis for the characters comes from Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress. Lucas was a big Kurosawa fan, and exec produced Kurosawa's only movie made with a US studio, Kagemusha.

not as think as i smart i am

Cute story

I like video games that let you choose, with some kind of character creation process. Mass Effect and Dragon Age were two of my favorites in this regard. With both of those I chose a female character, but went with a male in other games. I don't mind the "male hero" stereotype in most of them, but the ones that let you choose are some of my favorites. And choosing is also becoming an upward trend, which is nice as well.

~Taylor Ryan
My muse suffers from insomnia, and it keeps me up at night.