can I change the title of a story I already posted in multiple parts

Printer-friendly version

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

It seems like I can just change the name field but if its in multiple parts, will that cause any problems with the links to the other chapters?

I have written quite a lot but now I am editing it and decided on a better name. When I am ready to post it in place of the old chapters, How do I do that?

Yes

erin's picture

You can change titles. And you can post over the top of the old chapters, it would then be good to add (Revised) to the end of the title of such reposted chapters. The organization of the chapter links will still work if you follow the chaptering rules: titles have to be the sam up to the chapter number but can be different afterwards. Same means same spelling, punctuation, capitalization and spacing.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

thank you Erin

Thank you for helping me. I will post them when their ready to be posted. I was really never satisfied with the old name but it had to do until i found a better name. Naming seems to be one of the most important things to a good story. It can be a really good story but if the name is bland, then people wont really bother trying to read it. Finding the proper name to a story is one of the most difficult things.

Changing titles

Puddintane's picture

You can also change the names of title and other organiser pages without disturbing their attachments up or down, although you will change their sort order.

So if you want to change:

My Bad Title Page

to

My Good Title Page

that's fine, but their relationship to

My Fine Title Page

will change because the first will sort before My Fine Title Page and the other will sort after.

This can be disconcerting when you're in the midst of changing a lot of titles, but everything will (literally) sort itself out in the end.

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

titles

when you edit it you are given the option to change its title

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna