Some story ideas

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

This is an idea I had a while back, but I don't have the skill to write it the way I want to. It always sounds bad when I try to write it, and I don't know how the middle bits should fit together. So if anyone likes the idea and wants to write it, feel free to change any of it. The main points are that he makes a wish to be a girl without meaning it, and when his wish comes true, he tries to pretend like it never happened, presenting himself as male. When people realise he is a girl they think he has always been female and is crossdressing.

(Possible Title) Be careful what you wish for. This is the first few chapters where I kind of outlined the change and the discovery of his being a girl by another girl.

The protagonist has just moved into town, and is from a fairly wealthy family. Mom is dead and he does not get along with his dad, there is a maid who is more like an elder sister figure than a servant. Everyone says he looks a lot like his mother which is fairly feminine, so he has been bullied in the past. I am thinking he is depressed a lot and not very happy with his life but he doesn't know why exactly.

First day of new school as a transfer student he tries to make a good impression. Unfortunately he gets on the bad side of the school's in crowd, namely a guy who is a perfect gentleman to woman but bullies any man who he thinks is gay or feminine. The protagonist is saved from a serious beating a girl who is the school beauty, but as he tries to thank her she blows him off and makes him feel even worse about himself.

So after a day from hell he is at home and has a confrontation with his dad. His dad is saying not to be a pansy and be more of a man, toughen up, that sort of thing. The protagonist snaps and says he wishes he was a girl then he wouldn't have to put up with all the crap in his life. He doesn't really mean it but his dad gets angry and hits him.

He is really depressed and decides to take his own life, he takes a bath and slits his wrists. As he lies near death in the bath the ghost of his mother appears, she has been watching over him since her death and is horrified and angry that he sould attempt suicide. She heals him enough so that he won't die and also says she will grant his wish hoping that he can become happier. As she fades away he calls out to her and asks her not to leave him again. His maid hears him shouting and rushes in but stops horrified to see all the blood and barely notices that he has breasts.

He wakes up in his bed and sees his wrists bandaged, then he notices his breasts and finds out he has been turned into a girl. His maid comes in and starts to be angry that he cut his wrists, he interrupts and points to his breats and privates and asks her what the hell is going on. She replies that she doesn't care whether he is male or female, she is much more concerned that he tried to kill himself.

He decides that he should hide the changes that have occured and that he should act like nothing happened. He dresses in the school uniform and goes to school presenting as male. His maid tries to convince him that he should take the day off to recover and that he needs to talk to someone about suicide attempt, He replies that it would look like he was running away from the bullies if he took the day off and that any talk with a shrink would land him in the loony bin for believing he was male, or being dissected to find out how he changed genders depending on whether they believed him or not.

At school he manages to avoid the bullies most of the day, but it starts to rain and as he doesn't have an umbrella is forced to wait at the school for someone to come pick him up. He is also feeling very weak and sick from the blood loss the previous night, and the new female hormones are making his mood swing erratically. As he is waiting the guy from the previous day sees him and starts to verbally abuse him, this causes him to cry and run out into the rain.

He is quickly soaked by the rain and stops in a nearby park, he meets the school beauty and she stops to enquire if he is alright as he looks very pale and sick. She doesn't seem to really care and only seems to be asking to be polite. He screams at her that she doesn't care and to leave him alone, she gets disgruntled and starts to turn away when he collapses. She goes to check on him and when she touches his chest to shake him she realises he has breasts.

She takes him to her home and has her older sister, a docter, take a look at him. The docter unwraps the bandages and discovers he tried to commit suicide, and says with the rain and that it's no wonder she fainted. She treats him and tells her sister to be careful and that she needs to watched to be sure she doesn't try again.

He wakes up in the girls room which is very feminine, he discovers he is naked in the bed and gets very distressed that the girl knows his secret. He demands his clothes so that he can go home but she says the clothes are being washed and dried, but her clothes would probably fit him if wanted to get dressed. He is horrified and says he can't wear girls clothes, she asks why not, and he replies without thinking too much that his dad would probably kill him. She gets the mistaken impression that his dad forces him to wear guy clothing and says she won't tell.

He has no real choice and puts on some clothes, the girl complements him and says he is quite pretty. He doesn't know how to tell her about what happened without sounding crazy, so goes along with it.

He asks her why she is so much nicer to him now than before and she says it was because she thought he was a guy, now that she knows he's a girl, she can be freinds.

That's all I've really thought up at the moment, except for bits and pieces in the middle that I don't know how to work into the story.

Sounds good

Dear Dafydd

Sounds like a great idea, and your outline is great. Now just add the dialogue, and the connecting parts. The middle can go anywhere. He likes it, he fights it, he finds away to change back. Go with it yourself. Most of the folks here will be supportive, except for a few idiots and don't mind them.

Rami

RAMI

sounds like a great beginning

For a self-discovery/acceptance story.

I'll let you know if this character of yours starts speaking to me :)

Though I agree with Rami, you really ought to give it a try for yourself. Good writing has to start somewhere, and I'd be lying if I tried claiming I've always been able to construct a good story from the disjointed revelations from my characters.

Abigail Drew.

OK...

Well, they've begun talking... Yes, they. You see, I'm going to make the "school beauty" a major character, and she's actually doing the talking, go figure.

Whenever I start writing it, I think I'll use a different title, and I'll tag it for "Dafydd's 'Be Careful What You Wish For' Writer's Challenge".

I still strongly encourage you to write your own version, the way you're imagining it. You should go ahead and post it when you're done too. You can only improve with practice, and just saying you can't will never get you anywhere.

Abigail Drew.

Some story ideas

I say go for it.

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

You don't need any help :-)

That was a fun read, just looking over your outline. Anyone who can describe a tale that well doesn't really need anything but encouragement from us.

Leather_and_jeans.jpg

The girl in me.
She believes you can do this!

It's worth trying

It isn't that difficult to work a good idea like this one into a full-fledged story. All you need is a little time and a little thought.

What I would do if this was my idea is go for a long walk and try to figure out how the story ends. Just puzzle over it until you find an ending that pleases you and makes sense. Since the suicide attempt was the springboard for the change, things could go terribly wrong, and she could try to kill herself again... and then... well, what would happen then?

Working out a story is very fun kind of problem. It beats crosswords and sudoku to sticks. It's especially fun when it seems impossible, because if you keep mulling over it and chewing on it, and turning it over in your mind, eventually you see how the story goes forward.

So... as interesting as this idea would be for someone else to pick up, I think you're passing up a chance to really enjoy yourself with it.

Also, don't worry if it looks like crap when you write it. First drafts always look that way.

Thanks everyone

Thanks to everyones encouragement I am going to give it a go. It will probably be serial chapter by chapter, and I don't know how frequently I will post, but I hope you will like it.