How do I vote

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I see my stories get votes. How do I vote for stories? Where do I vote??? What does the vote mean?

Voting

erin's picture

The vote button should appear near the bottom of each story in the left hand corner of the stuff there. It's a big number in a box and if you have not yet voted on a story it will invite you to do so.

Unless you have your browser set to suppress javascript, then you probably won't see the voting box at all.

A vote simply means that you like a story, that's all.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Voting

RAMI

Your question is the same one I asked about 11 months ago when I first registered.

There a a voting button at the end of each story. If you are signed on you can vote by clicking the button. I beleive visitors can also vote. It should be simple, but if you are having a problem, there may be something you need to do with the computer. I can not help ask someone else.

What does a vote mean? For me, I vote for stories that I enjoy. It can becase I just like them, they touch me some how, they are well written.

I vote for most of the stories I read. I think it tells the author that I am thanking them for their work.

To not vote, I would have to find the story,to be either very very poorly written (to the point of being uninteligible - Spelling and minor grammer errors don't bother me too much) or the story is repugnant to me. Excessive cruelty, graphic rape, child abuse bother me, there are some other topics that just are not my cup of tea, such as infantilism and will prevent a vote.

I hope that helps.

RAMI

P.S. I see Erin beat me to post an answer. She gave me a similar one 11 months ago. And it that Java Script stuff that I was talking about. Luckily, a friend told me what to do.

RAMI

RAMI

Nothing on voting

I can't see anything regarding voting on any web browser I use. Are all of my web browsers messed up or is voting gone now?

- Connie

It is gone.

To put long story short, the software was being updated on the site and a few glitches were made apparent. In the end, there were two features I remember to be dropped - the site time feature, and the voting feature. That's the gist of it.

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!