Alphabetic Story List - New Menu Item in Right Hand Column

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

This is cool! It even sorts things that start with A/An/The both with and without the leading article!

Hugs,
Erin

Thank God!!!!!!!

I post links for my favorite stories and serials in a folder in my favorites menu. Sorting through all those stories was a nightmare. Keep up the great work.

Jessica Marie

P.S. Is there a way it could be changed so that you could have a choice to filter out the serials and just have the complete stories?

Sure

erin's picture

Just burn my brain on the altar to your favorite demon.

-- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Don't you just...

hate it when users provide incomplete requirements... :-)

Did she want just the title pagese of complete multi-part stories; or just the single post complete stories; or maybe she wanted just stories with the complete tag (which some authors put on all chapter posts and others just on the last one)... So many things are meant by "complete"... I mean, was Tolkein's story "complete" when he died? Depends on who you ask...

BTW - thanks for the work and new feature! I know how much work it can to implement and maintain a content management system! And you've provided so many community features as well. As always, I'm grateful and impressed.

Annette

I think it will encourage ...

... a spate of stories about Aardvarks (with apologies to the bearer of that sobriquet) in an attempt to get to the head of the list. We've all seen Yellow Pages listings for AAAAA Taxi Service :)

Thanks Erin for yet another useful feature.

Geoff

I carefully avoided...

starting with an A when naming my last scribble... :-) See, I'm so nice, I leave PLEANTY of room for folks that need that early spot. B is so far down the alphabet! :)

Sometimes it is easier to look for things at either end

Or inn the middle. The alphabetic search lets you select the starting letter for any search, or even, in theory, numbers. But of all the numbered stories, only John from Wherevertheheckitis actually has a story using numbers for the title. The rest got numbered for some strange reason(s) that make no sense.

So since she is not at her computer, shalimar asked me to say that the noun zygodactyl and its adjective form zygodactylous, plural zygodactyls and secondary noun form zygodactylism are the last words in many non-unabridged dictionaries.
What does it mean?
Having to do with birds with two pairs of toes, one pair facing forward, and a second pair facing backwards, such as a woodpecker, ideally sited for gripping the trunk of a tree, not just a branch.
More specifically, the first and third toes face forward, while the second and fourth face backwards.
Just ahead of them is Zydeco - which might be easier to use in a story title.
It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,
David Weber – In Fury Born

Holly

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Holly